Can't bridge broadband

I use an Huawei E226 broadband wireless card on the Telcel network while in Mexico. In previous years I've been obliged to use ICS for sharing under Vista because the broadband adapter is not recognized as high speed and bridgeable. Is there some tweak to the registry or some other trick that will allow me to bridge the broadband adapter to my LAN?

Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

of course, been around for years, use the software in windows, instead of the junk they force down your throat... it's the "free" software from the provider that blocks sharing, nothing in windows.... the card IS high speed and bridgable

read about the actual hardware at

formatting link

want just unlock it? (its locked to your provider/software).... start here

formatting link

Reply to
Peter Pan

Dave-

Another approach eliminates the computer. Several companies sell Wireless Routers that accept a USB modem for Internet access.

I have a Cradlepoint MBR900 Wireless Router that accepts a Verizon USB modem. It shares the internet connection via both WiFi and Ethernet. However your E226 is not on their list of compatible modems. If you are interested, you might contact them to see if it might be compatible at .

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

e

formatting link
I don't think you understand the problem yet - It's Windows that won't let me bridge. It allows ICS but NOT bridging.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I don't think you understand the problem yet - It's Windows that won't let me bridge. It allows ICS but NOT bridging.

Dave

au contrair, methinks you don't understand... windows itself allows bridging no problem, it's the provider software that blocks it.... (left the links in above) if you unlock the card and use windows instead of the proprietary software, it works fine....

no clue why you think windows blocks bridging.... specs talk about using the card itself without the providers software.... note the hauwai card is sold to and used by other providers and allows bridging... would seem pretty obvious that the card works, windows works, but the custom software stops it....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.