Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cant get highspeed...but neighbours can!
I happen to live in one off those dumb areas that has no cable wires ran to it and the phone line is on a bridge tap so I have no options for broadband either than to work a deal with a neighbour up...

Poor throughput w/strong signal 801.11b
I have a 3 year old Thinkpad w/ built in wireless that has good sensitivity but probably runs 11.b. Works find at home where there are no 2.4GHz phones. :) When I go to a vacation rental condo or...

Is there any possibility to advertise in your website?
Dear Admin, This is gamemobile, we wanna put our ads on your site, would you like to tell us your ads price list plz? founded in 2005 and featuring in mobile content service, such as thousands of...

Public wifi takes over my computer...
My home wifi network has been up and operating well for a number of years. Recently, Portland started installing public wifi all over the city (MetroFi). At work, i connect with my laptop to the wifi...

ALERT: Router are vulnerable to new Flash UPnP attack (other devices as well)!
Security mavens have uncovered a design flaw in most home routers [actually in UPnP] that allows attackers to remotely control the devices by luring an attached computer to a booby-trapped website....

Where's Jeff?
Just got back on this group recently. I'm noticing the lack of Jeff's presence. Are you there Jeff? Doing OK? Steve

802.11g module installed in my compter ?
i have a linksys wireless-g broadband router & 802.11g module installed in my computer. do i need a usb adapter to make the router work with the computer? tanks for any help...

Can "Enhanced G" really reach 125Mbps?
Hi, I decided to upgrade my old wireless network, so I went out and purchased an "Enhanced G" router (a Dynex DX-WEGRTR). I also have a Dynex PCI adapter (DX-EBDTC) and a Buffalo Technology...

Backhaul or backbone?
Hi! I'm making a little confusion with -backhaul -and -backbone -terms. In a context of a Wireless backbone network, can I use the term -backhaul -instead of -backbone-? If not, why? Compliments,...

Problem connecting to Netgear wireless with XP
I have a Netgear wireless router (WGR614 v7) that works for a number of computers in the house, but my laptop (operating off Windows XP, and using Windows as the network manager) can't connect to the...

how to connect iphone wirelessly to adsl modem without pc
i have D LINK GLB 502T adsl modem connected to PC via LAN.I want to connect my IPHONE directly to modem wirelessly independent of PC(IPHONE should connect to internet even if PC is OFF).What are the...

802.11n and coffee shops
Hello, I need to get a wifi card for my laptop (no wifi at this time). I'm not an expert on this, hence the reason I'm here - to hear from you experts out there ! WiFi Coffee shops, libraries, etc....

Newbie question on using a Linksys wireless router as a signal booster
Good morning all, I have a wireless router in my home, installed by Verizon. Let's call the name of the network ABC12. I have hardwired one of the ports on the Verizon wireless router to one of the...

Connecting to the router
I am trying to connect to my wireless router, and I keep getting the message "Limited or No Connectivity". When looking at the settings, it looks like the device assigns me an IP address and a Subnet...

Problem trying to force password change through PEAP
Hi, I recently setup a wireless network for a client, but left with one issue that I cannot seem to resolve. Hardware is a Cisco 2100 WCS controller with several compatible Cisco AP's. Hardware...