OT:visiting the big apple..

I am in the financial district (Manhattan) for the week end...

Little Italy and Chinatown are so close... Wow...I am having a blast....

Already been at Ground Zero.. Nice little construction site.. Especially for a union rep in the construction business ;-)

Drove all the way in with the help of my Garmin. My wife was telling me that before coming to NY she was thinking that I was a bad driver. now she says that I drive like a god ;-)

Also been to the empire state building , trinity church ( national treasure movie ;-) ) . Wall Street. And Time square. took some incredible photo with my new Olympus SLR

The toys r us is so cool.. So tomorrow we will go to central park.. And I don't know where else.going back Sunday to Montreal

Reply to
petem
Loading thread data ...

Be sure to visit Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum on 42nd Street. It's near 7th Ave. I never bothered to go there when I lived in the city but last time I went with my wife she asked me to go. It turned out to be a lot of fun.

Also, if the weather is good, take the Circle Line tour around the island. It's a nice way to spend an afternoon and you'll get a lot of information on the sights and history of NYC. When I went with my wife I was able to point out several places where I lived and some where I worked many years ago.

When you go to Central Park, make sure you're out before nightfall and don't walk in areas where there are few people around. The park is a mugger's paradise.

One last thing. On St. Marks Place there's a cube-shaped sculpture that stands on one corner. Near the top, if you dare scale it, some unnamed person etched the letters, "RLB" back in the 1960's. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.