Symtoms of failing bulb in a Sanyo Z-4 front projector?

2,000 hours stated life for these bulbs. I'm at about 1,800 hours and I notice the screen will get darker for a moment and then get bright again. I'm having other issues with my comcast DVR hd cable box. I'm trying to tell if its the bulb ageing of the cable box?

What happens when I reach 2000 hours?

TIA

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups
Loading thread data ...

I just watched _The Illusionist_ for the first time and thought my projector lamp was about to go. It turned out that some of the opening scenes are supposed to flicker. Reminded me of Andy Kaufman's loss of vertical sync gag.

Reply to
Jon Woellhaf

Same thing here. It made me think that perhaps a "do not adjust your set" warning, ala 'The Outer Limits', should be included in the opening credits :-)

Reply to
Dave Bugg

No this dimming is not part of the broadcast. In the middle of law and order the scene will get very dark for a moment and then lighten up again. This just started a few weeks ago.

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

This is why I detest top-posting. There is no clear indication, without scrolling up and down and picking through the posts, just what the heck you are replying about or to whom.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I detest bottom posting, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to read the post.

Get a life!

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Expected reply from a knuckle-dragging slob.

No one said anything about bottom posting, or that folks shouldn't trim posts to which they are responding. Bombastic, it's-all-about-me simpletons could care less about the proper context for reading, and taking responsibility to trim posts of extraneous text, because it only matters what they want, not what's best for the group. I bet you piss in your neighbors pool because it would be an inconvenience to excuse yourself to the restroom.

The fact that you fail to understand that reading context is vital in a text-based medium is not surprising, given your response. What YOU "detest" is of no importance to anyone but you. The fact remains is this: a response never proceeds a question or a statement in verbal conversation. You don't read chapter 12 in a book before reading chapter eleven. Context is important to the flow of conversation, and top-posting removes the context.

Now, please, proceed with the mouth-foaming, the incoherent rationalizations, and the penis-waving displays of your withering sense of self-esteem.

Were all waiting.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

So do you ever help people out by responding to their questions or just go around critiquing their posts?

While you have some valid points on posting, I haven't found top posting to be a problem. I'm sure you didn't have to reread the posts to know what I'm talking about now.

You shouldn't take yourself so seriously, lighten up.

your the only one "waiting"

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups
[Top-posting corrected]

Oh My Gosh, what a snappy retort. I believe you are the first person in the history of usenet to make this point to anyone. Congrats on your breakthrough.

Of course you don't, bubba, 'cause it's all about *you*. And when it's all about *you*, your only concern is with whatever makes *you* happy. Forget others, forget context, forget style.

Really? You always make these kinds of assumptions? The fact never occured to you that, given the length of time since my reply, I had forgotten all about you? Or did you think that, like you have been doing with my posts, I had been doing nothing but breathlessly awaiting your next post? As a matter of fact when I saw your post, I had to scroll down to read my posted reply to you, then scroll back up to read your post to keep things in context.

Yet another blast of originality. Do I appear "heavy" to you?

You're just *full* of snappy comebacks, aren't ya. Come, come now; you can do so much better.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.