Question on adding a set of speakers to a RUSSOUND A-BUS system

Hello,

I'm installing an abus system in my home and have 4 zones.. The problem is that I would like speakers and just 1 speaker in my mater bathroom. It can be controlled by the volume control for the master.. That is no problem.. Can I just splice the speaker wire with wire going to the masterbedroom? Will I just lose some power by doing this?

Is there something I can get to do this correctly?

What about adding an applifier between the ABUS volume control and the speakers?

Thanks for you input..

J
Reply to
jasonnews
Loading thread data ...

You know, you can just call Russound and they'll help you out. Your guess was correct: the volume controls have a line out that you can run to an amplifier and then to your dual-voice-coil speaker in your bathroom.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

You should be able to take the line out signal from the keypad in the bedroom and feed it to an amp. Then you'd put a volume control in the bathroom. The amp would go between the keypad and the volume controls (and then on to the 2nd set of speakers). Control over the selection of source would have to be done in the bedroom but their volume levels would be independent of each other.

Either that or depending on the a-bus hub you've got you might be able to add a second keypad to the zone. The control of the source would be shared between them but each keypad would control it's own volume. That way you're just using another keypad with it's own embedded amplifier instead of a separate one. Separate amps are fine but I'd reserve using them for places that actually need MORE amplification than the keypads can provide. It might be overkill cost and power-wise for just adding a speaker to a bathroom.

Make sure you don't need different sources. If you want something different in the bedroom than the bath then consider sharing from one of the other zones instead. Then it's only a matter of running the right wire to/from the right places.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.