Verizon, Cingular data access frequencies

Hello:

I am trying to find out the operating frequencies for Cingular and Verizon's cellular Internet services, that are used with the PCMCIA (laptop) cards. Basically I'm trying to find a high gain antenna that will be compatible with both services, for the slower and higher speeds (if possible). So far I have not been able to find a complete list of the frequencies, that include the faster and slower access speeds. Can anybody point me in the right direction?? I really appreciate the help.

Thanks much,

-- Chris

Reply to
szilagyic
Loading thread data ...

Cellular is cellular - no matter if it is data, or voice, high speed or low....

But, what band??? There are two...

To do both, you will need a 'dual band' antenna. And, I don't think there are any effective dual band yagis...??

~824Mhz - 894Mhz is the old 'cellular' band...

1850Mhz - 1990Mhz is the 'PCS' band.....

Reply to
Ness_net

I use this wireless amp/repeater...

formatting link
$400.

Here's the deal... if you want to be able to take advantage of both the

800Mhz band as well as the 1900Mhz band you need either a dual-band system with omni-directional antenna or you will need two Yagis, one for each frequency, cabled together into a mixer and fed into your dual-band amp.

Typically, if using a Yagi, you choose one or the other, depending on your carrier and location, and settle for only one band.

VZW primarily uses 800Mhz. However, in Florida (that I know of) they use a whole lot of 1900Mhz. Depends on the area. There are others that use

1900Mhz.

For my wireless amp/repeater system I chose the dual-band amp with omni-directional antenna so I could use it with any carrier anytime. Also so that visitors to my home-office could also use their own cell phone, no matter what carrier they had (Nextel being the only exception).

Also, high-gain Yagis might be fine if you have a decent signal to point one at. However, due to the nature of CDMA technology, and it's ability to use multiple disjointed signals reflecting from various directions to produce a single usable signal, sometimes an omni directional antenna will do better than a highly directional Yagi. Just depends.

This is a highly specialized area and often professional evaluation and installation is the best bet.

My advice is, when in doubt about your signal area and/or you needs, always go with dual-band and omni.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

I'd go with an LPDA (Log Periodic Dipole Array) like an off-the-air TV antennas use, err..."like" as in design and construction. They have slightly less gain than a Yagi, but far far greater bandwidth. It could cover 500 MHz up to over 3,000 MHz.

snipped from:

formatting link
The log periodic antenna is a particularly useful design when modest levels of gain are required, combined with wideband operation. A typical antenna will provide between 4 and 6 dB gain over a bandwidth of 2:1 while retaining an SWR level of better than 1.3:1. With this level of performance it is ideal for many applications, although a log periodic antenna will be much larger than a Yagi that will produce equivalent gain. However the Yagi is unable to operate over such a wide bandwidth.

Reply to
DTC

any programs to copy all webtv emails in few minutes to usb drive

turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things and revive me in your way psalm chapter 119 vs 37

Reply to
jeuse loves you

anway you can get deleted emil you now want from few weeks ago plus i had chat on messenger on pc wanted print out can i get this any programs

turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things and revive me in your way psalm chapter 119 vs 37

Reply to
jeuse loves you

Four, at least.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

What about something like this? This claims to be a dual band yagi:

formatting link

Reply to
szilagyic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.