Providing free wireless in apartment building

I want to provide free wireless internet access in my apartment building.

It has three floors of apartments, six apartments on each floor. I assume that two access points per floor should do the trick. But I'm curious about the proper hardware for this.

Since this is a public accommodation, I'll need client isolation and maybe some kind of authentication if the signal goes outside the building.

One setup I've found is the D-Link combination of DWL-8220 Wireless Switch Dualband Access Points managed by the DWS-1008 wireless LAN switch. This provides a command-line interface for configuration, which I can handle. But I'd prefer something web-based just for ease of use.

Does anyone have any experience to share about any of this, or other suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Walt
Loading thread data ...

Walt,

This is something that really ought to be done with a commerical-grade setup.

I'd recommend the Colubris 5100 with MAP-330's.

Give me a call, and I'll be happy to discuss exact details of the product's features, functionality, and configuration.

Thanks Chris

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Christopher M. Hutchison, CEO NetSteady Communications, Ltd.

Phone: 614-255-5575 Mobile: 614-853-0091 Skype: wifi_chris

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.