NEWS: HTC admits customers have Nexus One 3G trouble, not yet blaming the phone

HTC admits customers have Nexus One 3G trouble, not yet blaming the phone

If samples from customer support threads are an accurate indicator, hundreds and perhaps thousands of early adopters of Google's Nexus One phone aren't looking for humanity from some pinstripe or tapered edges, so much as from customer support.

A spokesperson for HTC, the manufacturer of the Nexus One phone sold by Google and deployed thus far on T-Mobile's GSM network, told Betanews late Monday evening that it is aware of the magnitude of 3G connectivity problems reported by customers nationwide since last week. As of Monday evening, several hundred messages were posted to Google's support Web site, many reporting essentially the same problem: For the most part, their 3G connections are spotty and variable; and for some, 3G is non-existent.

Contrary to reports, however, HTC is not acknowledging a problem with the phone. As of now, the T-Mobile network remains equally suspect, especially amid the complete lack of much news whatsoever, including to its customers, from Google.

Nexus One is far from the first smartphone with 3G problems in the early going. The first US-based Apple iPhone 3G models were plagued with network trouble initially, as was the BlackBerry Bold 9000 -- both on the AT&T network. Early troubles with the BlackBerry Storm on the Verizon Wireless network were traced back to the phone.

MORE:

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

I have a Bold 9700 on 3G. No problems at all in the bay area In fact, the 3G since is generally stronger than the EDGE signal. I can't believe the Nexus doesn't have UMA, since that has been on Blackberry T-Mobile products for nearly 3 years.

I will say the 3G speed is all over the map, but that depends on the number of users at any one time. I'm so happy those damn iphones can't run on t-Mobile 3G. I'd hate to have all those Apple webhogs eating my bandwidth.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.