How do you keep your BSSID & location & signal strength & SSID out of the Google public AP databases?

How do _you_ keep your BSSID & location & signal strength & SSID out of the Google public AP databases? [No need to reply if you don't understand.]

The question is necessary because almost all Android owners are exceedingly rude in that they upload your private data to public servers without asking your permission. [They do this with contacts too - but that's different.]

Assuming a typical home router in a home near a typical well-traveled road... you will have tens to hundreds to thousands of rude Android owners sending to Google (and other public servers) your private information.

Every second of the day... every day of the year... year after year. How do you stop this (without turning off your wi-fi access point)?

One way is to educate all the rude Android owners - but that will never work because most rude Android owners are likely completely clueless.

They have no idea how rude they are in uploading your data to Google.

Bearing in mind you need the AP SSID and passphrase to be as unique as you can make them (without compromising your location in name alone) in order to keep out of the many WP2/PSK rainbow tables published on the net...

formatting link
What's "unique" about the information that most rude Android owners habitually upload to Google (and other) servers daily are a. Your unique GPS location b. Your unique AP BSSID c. Your (hopefully unique) AP SSID (see rainbow tables above) d. The signal strength of your AP to the rude Android owners' phone etc.

Ignoring Microsoft's "_optout" mechanism for the purpose of this question

formatting link
To keep out of Google's & Mozilla's & Kismet's & WiGLE's public databases, I'm told I need to append 'nomap' to my SSID but what is the required character (if any) prior and must the 'p' be the last SSID character?
formatting link
Bear in mind, that your exact location and your unique SSID (among other identifying data) will be uploaded no matter what (which is what that referenced Google document "really" says) but what Google implies is that Google will subsequently _remove_ your information each time a device uploads it to the Google servers (which can be hundreds to thousands of times per day thjat Google will have to remove your "nomap" data).

Notice how Google's own instructions say that using _nomap doesn't actually work to prevent upload of your access point info to their public database.

Given most Android owners are rude to everyone around them, in that they upload _your_ private information to Google servers without asking for your permission, the nomap just tells Google to _remove_ your private information, which happens tens to hundreds to thousands of times a day.

The number of times your private location & unique BSSID are uploaded only depends on the number of rude Android owners who pass by your house each day.

Most people probably don't even understand what I just said, but that's what that Google document says if you parse it and take in meaning.

Given these discrepancies between "assumptions" of what words mean "in theory" (in marketing docs) versus what they actually mean in practice, this question is asked hoping someone has tested this out before me.

Which of these are valid SSIDs to be kept out of the public databases? xxx_yyy_nomap xxx.yyy_nomap xxx.yyy.nomap xxx_yyynomap xxx_yyynomapzzz xxx_yyy_nomap_zzz xxx.yyy.nomap.zzz

Certainly the first two are valid but what about the syntax for the rest?

Reply to
Andy Burnelli
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.