Google and the sniffer lawsuit

formatting link

?General Public?

Elizabeth Cabraser, a lawyer representing plaintiffs in the case, said today?s opinion deleted from the previous order a discussion addressing whether the Wi-Fi communications at issue are ?readily accessible to the general public as a matter of fact.?

The appeal dealt with the question of whether such communications are automatically exempt as a matter of law, Cabraser said. ?The 9th Circuit ruled they?re not exempt,? she said, meaning Google will have to prove to a jury that ?anybody driving or walking down the street could?ve intercepted the content of these communications, just as it did.?

Today?s opinion ?doesn?t alter the key ruling? in the case permitting it to go forward, Cabraser said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poor worded link. The title to the article is "Google Loses Bid for Wiretap Suit Appeals Court Rehearing".

This should prove interesting since all the tools exist to do exactly what Google did, and all they are open source.

I'd say anyone on this newsgroup using their real name might be subject to be a witness for google. Most of the people posting here could do what Google did.

Reply to
miso
Loading thread data ...

Only if I looked up how to do it on the internet! Anyone know where that's available?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

~ Only if I looked up how to do it on the internet! ~ Anyone know where that's available? ~ ~ Mikek

formatting link

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.