From another thread, are these the ten steps to public hotspot wireless privacy?
Is this the procecedure for "anonymous" public hot spot privacy?
- Find public hot spot (eg use Turn off your wireless transmitter & go to that public hotspot
- Change your MAC address to DEADBEEFCAFE (using MacMakeUp freeware)
- Change your PC name (using My Computer, Properties, Computer Name)
- Change your login ID (always create one for this session only)
- Set up your (encrypted?) sandbox (sandboxie or truecrypt freeware)
- ??? anything else ???
- Start your browser sandboxed or on an encrypted disk
- When done, turn off your wireless transmitter again.
- Return all settings back to normal (non hotspot settings)
Are we safe if we follow these ten easy hotspot steps? If not, what steps would you add to improve hot spot privacy?