ALERT: WPA can be less secure than WEP

Look at all this dance you are doing just to say you could with time maybe crack some home network? Get real, this is the point, look at hwat all you went through.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico
Loading thread data ...

What is your occupation (not trying to pry here, but to make a point)?

Reply to
Rico

Well the final FF1.5 was supposed to be the same as 1.5 release 3

If FF is not running I get this with both 1.07 and 1.5

These lock-ups seem to be what I was experiencing with XP SP2.Never had to do a reboot.

If the memory leak was high on my laptops they would probably stop the applications that were running(I need to upgrade the RAM someday}.

Reply to
Rob

I had the cards already, just downloaded the iso, ran from CD, nothing to install. No effort.

Issue is, that it's not just some home network though is it? Don't think for a moment that all of industry has suddenly switched away from WEP.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Give me some options and i'll answer a) b) etc :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

I know of at least two, and possibly more -- it's not always easy to tell -- but I'm not about to post that information in a public forum.

Reply to
John Navas

I know of at least two, and possibly more -- it's not always easy to tell -- but I'm not about to post that information in a public forum.

Reply to
John Navas

In your own words...

"citation please"

:)

Reply to
David Taylor

Rico wrote: Snip............................................

The problem there is "How would your average home user know that someone had accessed their network".To provide definitive evidence and not heresay there would probably have to have been a court case and your average user would have difficulty proving it was a hacker that was responsible for the offence, I doubt some police forces would use their budget to have his computers "Forensically Examined" unless the case was of "High Profile". I know of only 1 court case in the UK and I suspect the network was open.

formatting link
Rob

Reply to
Rob

Darn you, now I guess I'm going to have to change that...

Reply to
Rico

A few thousand miles west of there, but really good long distance vision

Reply to
Rico

By no means, bought a $9.00 wireless card on Ebay not long ago for a friend that needed very basic wireless for an older laptop when traveling, since most hotels don't encrypt but use a proxy instead, a WEP only card for low bucks was fine for the purpose. SHe just wanted to check email from time to time while out west.

Reply to
Rico

A)IT or Engineering/Technical related B) anything else (banking, sales (non tech), real estate....

Reply to
Rico

Is he harmed in that case? At least where I live there are within a couple blocks half a dozen give or take open wireless netowrks. Why would you or anyone else bother with mine given I am encrypted (figure you are out wardriving and want to have a little mischief). Can't speak for you specifically, but if it's me, I'm going where the pickings are easy.

Yes, I seem to recall there was an instance in Florida also, but in that case the network was open.

Reply to
Rico

So you're point is what? :)

Reply to
David Taylor

formatting link
It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.