access restriction...

I am trying to setup a policy where a site is banned from being used on my network... I go to the wrt54G access restrictions and try to block the web site 24 / 7 However when I select deny access the field where one enters the url is disabled. I enable it and fill in the field then disable it... but it doesn't work.

WRT54GL Firmware Version: v4.30.5

Reply to
SpreadTooThin
Loading thread data ...

|

formatting link
At the bottom part of the page, you'll see sections to block by: service URL keyword Note that none of these allow blocking by IP address. Service is by the IP port number. For example, port 25 would be SMTP. Port 110 would be POP3. And so on. URL and keyword should be obvious.

Looking through the menus, there does not appear to be any way to block by IP address block. However, you can misdirect everything in whatever your trying to block using static routes. I can't read what you're trying to do as 24/7 is not standard CIDR notation. However, if you want to misdirect all of 24.0.0.0/8, then go to: |

formatting link
configure it to send everything in 24.0.0.0 with a mask of

255.255.255.0 to 127.0.0.1 which means that it does nowhere. I'm too lazy to try it, but I think it should work.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.