"Premise Systems ... pronounced dead by its partners"

"Premise Systems, once the high-flying trendsetter of the IP-based home automation market and a company deeply dedicated to its digital integrators, has been pronounced dead by its partners. "

formatting link
Started by Microsoft engineers in 1998, purchased by Lantronix in 2002 and sold to Motorola in 2004, the successor to Savoy's CyberHouse in the PC-centric, comprehensive HA software market is apparently history too.

Methinks we may be doomed to XP Media Center as the emerging HA SW ...

.... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult
Loading thread data ...

You need to do some serious penance for such evil thoughts

Reply to
Solo Rider

Clearly the Redmondian plan is for Vista Media Center to control all thought. But since home automation is a niche market and the folks seem to like playing with hardware and software, wouldn't Linux be a natural match?

Reply to
Pat Farrell

OK. I said a Father Babbage, three Hail Lisa's and a Glory BeOS.

.... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Yes, I have worked with Premise and it looked good, very good. But, as always, a product is ultimately only as good as it's support.

I have switched to Charmed Quark 's CQC package. That product has come a long way in just the last year. and, most importantly ... Support is second to none.

They come from a audio home-theater background, but are reorienting themselves for the Home automation market, and HT market.

They are squarely aimed at the custom installers, as opposed to HomeSeer, who caters more to the DIY crowd. (But diy'ers are welcome at cqc)

I would suggest to everybody to check it out:

formatting link

Stefan Decuypere

Reply to
stefan decuypere

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.