Inexpensive Home Automation in Australia

Looking around the 'net, it seems that it is ridiculously expensive and difficult to do home-automation in Australia. As we use 240v/50Hz rather than 110v/60Hz, we can't the US stuff .. which is a pity as it is *much* cheaper.

That said, does anyone know anything about HA that can help me out sourcing equipment at good prices.

Here's what I want: Lighting controllers for four groups of dichroic 'halogens' hidden in the ceiling or behind the switch plate is good .. my house is being built at the moment, but I wonder if the halogen groups will be like our office: power outlets in the ceilings into which the transformers are plugged .. if so, I guess an appliance controller might work

Lighting controllers for six incandescent lights

Reply to
Rick Measham
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Rick

Although not as cheap as x10 ....I would suggest using CBUS as Dave has mentioned in his post.....If your friendly with your sparks he should get you the CBUS kit at trade prices.........Have a quick look at my site for the CBUS info....I have my pirs connected to my alarm system "Genesis"an Oz panel and i pass pir status to CBUS + Homevision (my ha controller) via relays..... For pc based HA control have a look at xPL....I believe theres a Linux version and also a CBUS Plugin so you can control cbus via other apps etc....

formatting link

formatting link
formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.