HDMI Question

I know this is not a home audio / video forum, but I like the mix of people who post here, and sooner or later we all have to deal with this stuff, so hear me out for a minute.

I'm in the middle of remodeling my house and I'm setting up the home theater area. The thing that gets me upset is that all the basic, no- frills home theater receivers have maybe one or two HDMI inputs. If you want more you have to spring for one of the more expensive systems, the ones with bells and whistles that you don't want or need.

All I want is a basic home theater receiver that does this:

- Basic Dolby 5.1 (I don't need 7.1).

- Enough HDMI inputs so that I'm safe for the near future. At least

3, but 4 or 5 would be ideal.

- Handle audio through the HDMI input if the component provides that.

- 1080p upscaling for the legacy analog inputs (VCR, VGA output from PC, etc.).

I know I can run multiple HDMI inputs directly to my LCD TV, but I don't want to run all those cables through the wall. I want the receiver to function as a true A/V hub.

So, what I'm asking is, what receivers do people like around here?

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard S
Loading thread data ...

There's a rule: "Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two." You're never going to find something that ever has all three.

There are receivers that integrate with the display, Pioneer being one. What brand display are you using?

Reply to
Bill Kearney

You've obviously never met my first girlfriend. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh!!! Good to see you feelin' better, Robert!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.