What happened to Comcast tonight?

Main DNS servers in Denver. Back up now.

Reply to
Bit Twister
Loading thread data ...

Check out the DSLreports Forums under ComcastHSI. There were several answers but I think the one that seemed closest was they had one or two DNS servers go down today. They started getting flakey yesterday. Anyway apparantly Comcast is having trouble dealing with this. Many users are manually setting different DNS servers that is working for most. It seems the standard is to use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 but others have been used as well.

Reply to
Jbob

I live in Michigan, and for most of tonight, Thursday, April 7, it appeared that Comcast was hosed on a nationwide scale. It seemed like they had some serious dns issues going on or something. Email was working for the most part as were some web sites, but connectivity was up and down, mostly down, and a lot of sites simply refused to resolve. I called a friend in California who said he was having the same problem, and calls to Comcast from both Michigan and California only yielded a busy signal.

Does anyone have the official word as to what went down?

--Al

Reply to
Al Puzzuoli

These are also working...

199.166.28.10 (PS0.NS2.VRX.NET) - Atlanta, Ga 199.166.29.3 (nl.public.rootfix.net) - Nederlands 199.166.31.3 (NS1.QUASAR.NET) - Orlando, FL, USA 199.5.157.128 (ASLAN.OPEN-RSC.ORG) - Detroit, MI, USA
formatting link
Reply to
Unk

well now you know what happens when you press the F12 key to much.

Reply to
BigJIm

Or perhaps get a free program called Treewalk and install it. Will probably take care of your DNS problems no matter what happens with their DNS servers.

formatting link

Reply to
burris

Doesn't help when your trying to play on Xbox LIVE!

Reply to
JBDragon

Quite a thread on it in alt.online-service.Comcast Major DNS server went down

Reply to
John Mullaney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.