Zoom ADSL X5 connecting to Infinity Internet?

I have a Zoom ADSL X5, Verizon as my local phone company, and I'm trying to get connected to Infinity Internet DSL. IINET technical support says they've successfully done a line check to my house (although it's not clear how that's done -- time domain reflectometer?) but they don't see my modem.

The modem shows a solid DSL light. I can communicate to the modem's web page from the computer, and the status pages show a strong ADSL connection (if I'm reading the numbers right), indicating that I at least have VPI and VCI correct, but I'm unable to ping the default route or DNS servers from the modem. (Note, this is using the modem's ping utility in the diagnostic part of the web interface, not ping on the attached computer.) The encapsulation setting IINET had me use was

1483 Bridged. There are two 1483 Bridged settings on the Zoom, and I've tried both of them.

IINET technical support says the service has been activated but they can't "see" the modem from their end. We've gone over my WAN settings many times and nothing looks out of place. Both technical support people I talked to had never heard of Zoom DSL modems. (I got the impression from web research that it was a popular brand...)

I've gone over the setup very carefully, and I haven't done something stupid like putting a DSL filter on the modem. The modem goes to the wall via a short cord, and the phone junction box is less than a yard away on the other side of the wall. Internal firewall is off.

Moreover, as recently as last Sunday, I had internet in this same room over this connection with Verizon DSL using a Westell modem. Sadly, the modem is a B90-210015-04 and apparently has a custom, Verizon-only firmware, hence the purchase of the Zoom.

I will delve into it deeper tonight, but first I wanted to ask: Has anyone else gotten this particular combination to work? Or am I beating my head against the wall? Do I need to swap modems, ISPs or both, or is there a way to make this combination work? What additional information do I need to provide?

Thanks, in advance. My daughter is going through Chat Withdrawal. It's not a pretty sight...

Ron

Reply to
Ron
Loading thread data ...

Update: The problem wasn't the modem configuration, it was (according to Infinity) a problem at the Verizon CO. Works great now.

The Zoom modem/router is really cool. It has a tremendous number of configuration options. If you have multiple static IPs do webhosting and have unusual routing requirements, this is the modem for you. It's not a Cisco, but then, neither is the price. :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.