Yahoo Mail in DSL

I've always been confused about why Yahoo Mail is different between DSL and dialup. The login screen is slightly different and I've always had problems going from this screen to my own account when I use my friend's computer (she has DSL). Why are the two things different?

Reply to
Richard Fangnail
Loading thread data ...

Ask Yahoo, or use YahooPops to get your Yahoo free mail for free in Outlook, Outlook Express.

Reply to
Jim Macklin

Perhaps your friend has SBC Yahoo DSL and the default login screen is for SBC Yahoo, but you want to go to regular Yahoo mail. They are different.

SBC Yahoo:

formatting link
or
formatting link
Free Yahoo Mail:
formatting link
or
formatting link
Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

Thank you Gary -

If you simply type mail.yahoo.com, will it always go to the free Yahoo Mail or could it be affected by cookies or something so that it goes to the sbc one?

Reply to
Richard Fangnail

It is likely to be affected by cookies and go to the sbc one. Especially true if you only closed the browser and did not sign out of sbcyahoo.

Reply to
Kay Archer

Reply to
Richard Fangnail

You're welcome.

I don't think it will be but you can easily try it and find out. If you're in doubt, then just go to

formatting link
and click on the mail icon at the top of the page and I think you'll go to their free mail.

Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

The difference is basically in the GUI (more bells & whistles, content in the SBC/Yahoo version).

A new version of Yahoo Mail is in beta right now.

Reply to
PA Bear

Reply to
John Hale

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.