Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Will I Need a Software Firewall?
July 18, 2006, 6:59 am
rate this thread
This week I will be getting 768/128 dsl and will be using a Zoom X5
modem/router with NAT and NAPT capability.
My main box is running Win XP and a Win ME box is on a LAN. I will
eventually add a wireless access port.
Apparently I can have both machines on the internet simultanously in the
NAPT mode. This supposedly gives "good" firewall protection.
Would a software firewall give me any increased security or is it redundant?
- » Pinging my router from the outside, a PPPOE question.
- — Next thread in » Digital Subscriber Line
- » AT&T Launches 5G You're Actually Allowed to Use [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum