Vonage and DSL on same phone line?

I'm considering switching to Vonage, and I'm trying to think how best I might install it. I'd be getting DSL at the same time, and I was wondering if it is possible to use the following setup.

basically, the dsl and vonage box are plugged into the same phone filter. The dsl would loop into the Vonage box, then back into the same filter, thus the same phone jack. I'm probably not making much sense, but would this work?

Thanks ahead of time.

Reply to
sm4christ
Loading thread data ...

The Vonage box is just like router - in fact it is one plus it has the phone stuff in it. So you would plug it in to your dsl box and then you could plug all your computer gear into the Vonage box too. It has four ethernet ports for that sort of use.

That said, and speaking as a Vonage customer, you should use just about ANYBODY _EXCEPT_ VONAGE. Their service sucks, their web site where you access voice mail is extrenmely slow (overloaded) most of the time, notifications about new voice mail via email often arrive late (if at all), sometimes their voice mail never even answers the incoming call, etc, etc. And their voice mail has almost nothing to configue - look around and you'll see other companies with tons of really useful features you can not have at Vonage. Calling to complain, if you get anyone with even half a brain on the other end it's a miracle. Et cetera.

I'd suggest

formatting link
- I would have used them except they don't accept an email address for the account name (about the ONLY good thing I can say for Vonage). I know people who use them and they deliver much better service.

Billy Y..

Reply to
abuse

Thanks, I'll look into that site.

Reply to
sm4christ

snipped-for-privacy@MIX.COM schrieb:

Maybe good but quite expensive.

Try voipbuster.com and affiliates. All calls to the US are FREE !!!

But you have to buy in to their account with some amount of money.

Free trial calls are possible.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Barth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.