Verizontal Business DSL and outgoing mail

What's the status with VZ Business Grade DSL and outgoing mail servers?

At one point Verizontal residential was blocking outgoing mail sent via their server UNLESS the From: line was your VZ account. Does anyone know if that was/is true for business DSL as well?

Reply to
David Lesher
Loading thread data ...

My company has Verizon Business DSL and we have had no problem sending mail from our own servers. We aren't using the Verizon mail servers at all (unless we are sending to a VZ customer, then we are sending to Verizon's INCOMING servers. For example, I have no problem sending mail from work to myself at home, where I have Verizon Residential DSL.)

And they didn't actually block residential mail servers; they only blocked using the Verizon outgoing servers with a "fake" address. (I have a mail forwarding service at home, and wanted replies sent there instead of directly to Verizon, in case I change ISPs again. This didn't work for a while, but that was many years ago.)

Reply to
John Santos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.