verizon dsl availability, used to have it, now vz says dsl not available

when dsl first came out i got it, then switched to comcast

now as disparity between comcast and verizon has widened so much, have been thinking about going back to verizon dsl

surprise; where 2 years ago my house (which has not moved during past 2 years) was able to have dsl, not verizon says dsl is not available

any suggestions appreciated how to penetrate verizon to find out whether able to get dsl, and how to get past their computerized naysaying

Tx tom

Reply to
dejausenet
Loading thread data ...

I encountered somewhat similar events when I tried to go back in December. It seems all the clamoring about the $14.95/ slower service "filled" my CO. I persisted, both on the phone and online sign-up, leaving an email to be notified when it was available. It didn't take long to get a go ahead, then a delay; but service was established on the originally scheduled date, (after being told there was no service available). It all took place over a few (two?) weeks. Does that make any sense? If you want the service, persevere. Things can change daily, it seems. Or, perhaps, Verizon just doesn't know what is going on.

dj

Reply to
Dr. Cajones

Yeah, they did the same thing to me recently, you need to call them on the phone 800-567-6789 and tell them you know it's available because you had it, and you just want it turned back on again. The customer service folks really are quite helpful and friendly, and will probably get you sorted out.

[Don't get me started on post-sales tech support calls, but that's a rathole]
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.