use cable, not Verizon DSL, for critical missions

i've spent since March trying to get Verizon to correctly install DSL. they've wasted countless hours of my time (while collecting a paycheck at their end at the expense of the shareholders, of whom i am one) having me repeat the same procedures at my end, as if the problem were here. although two visits by Verizon technicians have confirmed that there is no problem at my end (not to mention that the service used to work flawlessly with the same equipment and configuration, but a different phone number).

obviously the problem is at Verizon's end. but, they refuse to address the real problem, whatever it might be, no doubt due to some bureaucratic imperative.

do yourself a favor: use cable for broadband net access (unless you want to be reduced to using NetZero, as i am doing at the moment).

Reply to
guy catelli
Loading thread data ...

it just got worse :-(

i was shipped a 2nd modem (in order to waste more of my time, instead of actually fixing the problem, which was at Verizon's end). the 2nd modem isn't working at all. so, when i cancelled earlier in the week, i was told that i wouldn't have to return or pay for the modem. it was a "gift".

but, yesterday's mail brought a letter form a collections law firm demanding i pay $108.58 (for a modem that doesn't work).

{sighing}

Reply to
guy catelli

So send the modem to the law firm and let them sort it out......

Reply to
James T. White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.