Stupid question... VDSL & ADSL modems

I bought a wireless ADSL gateway without planning ahead thinking that I could use it to replace my VDSL modem. My ISP gave me a D-LINK DEV-301 Ethernet-VDSL Bridge. I am just wondering if there is a way to configure my new US Robotics MaxG ADSL Gateway to work in place of this D-Link thing? or does it need to be a VDSL device?

Thanks for any help. Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

| I bought a wireless ADSL gateway without planning ahead thinking that I | could use it to replace my VDSL modem. My ISP gave me a D-LINK DEV-301 | Ethernet-VDSL Bridge. I am just wondering if there is a way to | configure my new US Robotics MaxG ADSL Gateway to work in place of this | D-Link thing? or does it need to be a VDSL device? | | Thanks for any help. | Dave

Chances are no. VDSL has much higher data trates than ADSL. Use what the ISP provided.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

| I bought a wireless ADSL gateway without planning ahead thinking that I | could use it to replace my VDSL modem. My ISP gave me a D-LINK DEV-301 | Ethernet-VDSL Bridge. I am just wondering if there is a way to | configure my new US Robotics MaxG ADSL Gateway to work in place of this | D-Link thing? or does it need to be a VDSL device? | | Thanks for any help. | Dave

Chances are no. VDSL has much higher data trates than ADSL. Use what the ISP provided.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

No, Return it if you can or sell it on ebay. ADSL and VDSL works have different band plans so It will not work. Band plans means they work on different frequency range for Upstream and Downstream.

Soumit

Reply to
dspwhiz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.