SBC DSl renewal.

In a couple of days I am going to call SBC and talk to them about renewing my dsl. When I got dsl it was going for something around $28.00 a month. I see that they have newer promotions where it is much cheaper. Let me get down to brass tacks. $28.00 a month is about the max that I can budget, and $20 is about what I can comfortably afford. I was digging around their web pages, but it was not completely clear to me what their policy on renewal is.

So I thought I would ask around if their are any SBC/Yahoo DSL users, and what they can tell me about the price when you renew. Thanks.

Reply to
TheHiddenPoster
Loading thread data ...

I forgot to ask. If it turns out that SBC DSL is not viable for internet anymore, what alternatives --broadband/dial up are there?

Reply to
TheHiddenPoster

TheHiddenPoster wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@noplace.nohow:

Residential renewal is currently $26. The much lower rates are for new customers only.

Reply to
Eric

Why would SBC not be "viable" for DSL "anymore"

What the f*ck?

If you can't afford the freight maybe you should spend less time online and more time making more money.

Find a hustle.

Reply to
kenji

what part of SBC's DSL isn't "viable"?

Reply to
kenji

the unviable part.

Reply to
HUey

I simply meant that if the regular rate is too high.

Reply to
TheHiddenPoster

First let me apologize about my previous post. I had no idea what kind of nuts hang out on chi.internet. It seemed to make sense to post to both groups because the topic overlapped, but I guess they are just weird in that group. ( This message is not crossposted. )

In any case, I thought I would reask my question because of the noise in response. I got one response saying that SBC's regular rate for customers was $26. This may be the case, but I may hear different things from other people. The more feedback the merrier.

In a couple of days I am going to call SBC and talk to them about renewing my dsl. When I got dsl it was going for something around $28.00 a month. I see that they have newer promotions where it is much cheaper. Let me get down to brass tacks. $28.00 a month is about the max that I can budget, and $20 is about what I can comfortably afford. I was digging around their web pages, but it was not completely clear to me what their policy on renewal is.

So I thought I would ask around if their are any SBC/Yahoo DSL users, and what they can tell me about the price when you renew. Thanks.

In addition if SBC DSL turns out to be too expensive, I am interested in hearing about other alternatives.

PS I did check there web site, but couldn't find anything /clear/ on it.

Thanks.

Reply to
TheHiddenPoster

An enviable observation.

Reply to
clifto

Depends what you mean by 'viable'. If you use it mainly for the Web and email, it's a good deal.

Reply to
Ryker

How much p*rn and stolen music do you download regularly?

Reply to
kenji

probably nothing compared to you

Reply to
HUey

I absolutely have no time whatsoever for jerking off.

Reply to
kenji

HA!

Reply to
HUey

Their binary newsgroups. And cable is faster.

Reply to
Ryker

No, it's not too high.

formatting link
is a good place to check for rate/service comparisions.

Reply to
Ryker

They do not allow use of any 'multimedia' group. Other binary groups are working fine.

And not for $14.95 per month.. (g)

Reply to
Kay Archer

OK tell me about the photos you download of railroad cars and airplanes landing and taking off.

Reply to
kenji

kenji wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.ftupet.com:

You planning to report him to DHS?

Reply to
Matt2

Binary newsgroups are not the exclusive source of " p*rn and stolen music". You are trying to stigmatize...

Reply to
Ryker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.