routing demon ADSL connection with a Mercury ART514CX help!

OK so i get my ADSL line activated and get home and connect up my new ADSL router/modem to my microfilter thats plugged into the phone line....and it doesnt work.

I'm with Demon.net and I've configured the router exactly as it should be, with the right VPI and VCI settings (whatever they are) and the right encapsulation method and all that. I've triple checked that my ADSL login name and password are correct, and they are. and i seem to be getting something coming through because the ADSL light on the router is solid green and occasionally the data LED flashes.

Also i have looked at the ADSL status pages when i connect to my router and things seem to be happening as numbers are constantly changing, such as the contention ratio, and some PPP connection seems to be active. it says the ADSL line status is SHOWTIME which i guess means good.

I have 2 PC's plugged into the router and they can communicate with each other fine, but as soon as i try and use something that needs the internet, nothing happens. web browsers instantly fail to reach websites and i cant even do a live update for Norton.

Can anyone suggest anything i might be doing wrong? im pretty sure ive set up the router correctly and ive triple checked everything. Demon tech support were useless they just said "we dont support routers" and that was that.

Ive disabled all firewalls including the one on the router itself and i am running win XP SP2. The router in question is a Mercury ART514CX.

Reply to
footwo
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.