Re: Need help choosing a Wireless VPN router.

This is way past time for a reply but maybe someone will find it and it be of help to them Recommend going with linksys rv042. Have 2 of those doing a site to site vpn for a client between 2 offices. They have dsl on both ends. It has worked for months without a hitch with their unix server. They have been down twice and it was internet related.When the internet was back up so was their vpn with no interaction from either us or them. As far as wireless is concerned put in access points in both locations

Here's the deal... I'm looking for a low cost wireless router that can > handle site to site VPN and VPN for remote users. One site (primary) has > 10 users, the other has 5 then 4 people that will need to be able to > connect to the resources on the primary site. Both sites have static IPs. > > Right now, the they are Netscreen 5XP for the site to site. But so far, > it doesn't work as it's suppose to and the sites lose their VPN connection > a few times a day. No one, remote users or the 2ns site can browse the > network and when transfering large files people lose their VPN connection. > BTW, when the VPN connection is lost, it shows it's still connected on the > system tray but when you pull the client software up, it shows it's not > connected. This causes remote users to have to reboot their system to > reconnect. > > Now, I'm looking at this new Linksys WRV54G, but I've been seeing posts > where it doesn't have some features they had with their previous end > points and some features just don't work. I also looked saw that Dlink > have a VPN box, but I can't get any info from them and the Sonicwall TZW > seems like the best best, but I don't want to spend over a grand to find > it doesn't work. > > I've got a DSL connection here at home and also a friend who has a cable > connection at his home for use to run tests on whatever I figure out will > work b4 I present this new option to the company. Anyone got a suggestion > where I can get 2 VPN boxes for site to site for me to test with where the > total cost will be under $500 smackers? > > TIA!! >
Reply to
Mousemen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.