Qwest using hardcoded Linksys router???

I have a co-worker who had Qwest set up his entire home network. Part of the setup includes an Actiontec modem and a Linksys router (sorry I don't have the model numbers at this time). The issue is he cannot VPN in to work because of IP address conflicts. I told him what to look for and what to change. He said he could not find the option. He called Qwest twice, and both times the technicians said the IP of the Linksys was hardcoded and there is nothing he or they can do about it.

Has anyone else heard or run across this?

Thanks

Reply to
littleccguy
Loading thread data ...

I can't address your question but I'm curious what hardware Qwest supplied; I have an Actiontec GT701-WG from Qwest and it's its own router (and wireless AP).

Reply to
Bert Hyman

I'm a little confused as well because when I had Qwest it was just the one router as well. I'm going to go check out the setup when he gets back. I'll try to remember to come back here and add coments.

Reply to
littleccguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.