Question about new SBC/Yahoo DSL

Once you order SBC/Yahoo DSL about how long does it take them to ship your modem and installation kit, and activate your DSL? I'm planning to do the self-install wth inside filters. So I presume no one even has to come to my house. Thanks.

RGB

Reply to
rgb7799remove
Loading thread data ...

I can't answer the former question because I've never been their customer, but you WILL be able to do the install yourself using the adapter they deliver you, plus the accompanying filters, provided they provision everything correctly for you at the central office.

Reply to
Cyrus Afzali

snipped-for-privacy@ev1remove.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I got my SBC/Yahoo DSL service a couple of years ago. If I remember right it took about a week to receive the self install kit. The DSL service was already activated by the time the self install kit arrived.

Reply to
Some One

I recently set up my dsl with them. When I first set everything up they told me 1 week from that day to be on line. I asked twice to make sure that it was going to be on that date. About 4 days later and no modem arriving I phoned them up and asked them if it had been shipped. They told me that it was going to delayed by a week and I woulld not have my connection till then. I explained that I was assured and promised that I would be hooked up in a couple of days. To make a long story short, after a discussion with her supervisor and him telling me that there was nothing he could do, I got a hold of the SF SBC Head office and found out they had a compliant dept ( Supervisor for DSL told me they did not have one and I would have to write the compliant department in San Jose, P.O. Box at that as well). I filed a compliant and the next day everything was back on track for the first promised day and modem was sent out over night UPS. If you have any problems that the internet division can not or will not help you with, find the closest head office.

Reply to
bdeditch

The kit should arrive in 3-4 days. UPS ground from Texas.

Provisioning takes 5-7 working days from the day the order is placed.

You are correct about the self install.

Reply to
Kay Archer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.