Problems with Westell 2200 Router and Verzion DSL

I am new to the internet; about a yr ago i got Verizon DSL. I had noting but problems, I keep losing my connection. i Call Verizon 4 X's with in a yr. Each time Verizon tell s me that my IP address is missing. Twice it happened while on the internet.

A month ago I was contacted by a laws firm claiming I down loaded a movie which I do not know how or even where to find movies to download. I hear a lot about hackers, hacking computers. Could someone hack into my ISP account and use my ISP Identity. I hear terms like IP Address, MAC Address, and firewall with I have not used one until now.

Again can a Hacker pick anybody on the internet and hack a computer. Then, after hacking a computer use that use that computers IP and MAC Address download things or what eve else they want to do. Sorry if I am not explaining it correctly but like i said, I am new to the internet and I just what to know if a hacker can do this so that I can try and fight the Lawyers claim. Also how do i protect myself in the future?

Reply to
Kaoriangelo
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.