Problem with Zonealarm & DSL

I just got DSL a couple of days ago. I have Zonealarm as one of my bootup apps. Checking e-mail or going on the net after initial bootup with Zonealarm running works fine. However, if I turn off the LAN or Zonealarm after the initial bootup and turn them back on, Zonealarm now prevents me from getting mail or accessing the net. If I turn off Zonealarm, everything works.

Using XP Home SP2, Embarq DSL.

I might turn them off for example if I'm doing some video capture and don't want anything tripping it up, I turn off all unneeded apps.

However, I also noticed that if the system sits for a long time - several hours with no internet activity and I go to access it, I get the same thing happening.

Why would this be happening? The ethernet card is listed as being in the internet zone. I've noticed that Zonealarm being on also prevents my computers from talking to each other when they're networked. I have to turn off Zonealarm on both machines for it to work.

Thanks for all input

Reply to
muzician21
Loading thread data ...

Btw, it's the free version if it makes a difference.

Reply to
muzician21

Zone Alarm is not a Microsoft product nor built into XP

For Z>>> I just got DSL a couple of days ago. I have Zonealarm as one of my >> bootup apps.

Reply to
smlunatick

I can switch my verizon dsl modem off and on with no problem. Can't say anything about networking, single user system. Dave Cohen

Reply to
Dave Cohen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.