Problem with WLAn and ADSL

Help please. I have ADSL connection from Elisanetwork company in Finland and Internet connection is working just fine. I bought a DVD/Linktheatre from Buffalo with internal antennas for WLAN connections. I also bought a Buffalo airstation (WLA2-G54L) to communicate with the DVD and my home PC directories.

I am able to set up the Airstation and it can communicate with my PC through the Airstation but only when my ADSL modem is off and not giving any DHCP IP addresses. That means that the Airstation has an internal DHCP which is giving my PC a suitable IP for this communication to work properly. However if the ADSL router and the Internet connection is on while I set up the Airstation it get an other IP (from some odd range starting with 84. ) and it will not work with the Liktheater - PC connection anymore. It is frustrating.

I tried to fix the problem by Enabling NAT DHCP server in the ADSL but this did not fix the problem. I made an effort in giving static IP addresses to my home PC and the Airstation but apparently was not successfull and lost connection to the internet as the 10.0.0.2 IP as a Gateway did not enable internet connection to work properly (althoug my network connection tab say I am connected)

Can anyone tell me specifically what to do or must I return the Aistation and try some other equipment.

Thanks for your help

McAgnus

Reply to
perhe.hellstrom
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.