Power Requirements for Alcatel Speed Touch Home external DSL modem

I have an Alcatel Speed Touch Home dsl modem (Part number CP000582533, Model

3EC18204BCAA03) for use with my Bellsouth DSL service. Unfortunately I have lost the power supply / AC adapter for the device. Does anyone have the power requirements for that modem so I can buy a "generic" adapter, or better yet, know where I can buy a replacement power adapter quickly?

Thanks for any help!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Byers
Loading thread data ...

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the reply! One of the "unknowns" is what voltage and current requirements that the modem has, in order to pick out a power supply adapter. I am guessing it is 12 VDc, and "not too much" current required and I may have to simply go on that basis.

I have sent an e-mail thru the Bellsouth Fast Access web site, but my experience has been that you usually have to talk to a person on the phone to be sure that you are getting through, and my attempt at doing that with Bellsouth phone support did not seem to indicate that I was getting their attention. But I have found that the responses vary depending on the time of day. Maybe I need to try again.

Wonder if it is a bad sign that the Bellsouth News Server is "down" here and I had to go to Google?? LOL

Have a great day!

Steve snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Bert K> Hi Steve,

Reply to
Steve

Hi Steve,

You could call Bellsouth and ask them, or take the modem to a local electronics store such as Radio Shack and they should be able to match a power adapter to the modem.

Reply to
Bert Kinney

The old external speed touch is 9 volts at 1000 milliamps. Input is standard

Reply to
El Marko

Have you tried Speedtouch:

formatting link

Reply to
Kay Archer

See the post from El Marko below.

You can connect directly to these newsgroups with this link. It will open Outlook Express. Use the second line for instruction on how to set it up. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

formatting link

Reply to
Bert Kinney

Thanks for the info! Do you know what the polarity is on the power supply tip that plugs into the modem?

Also, in the back of my mind I seem to remember the modem "power" light not being on unless it is connected to the computer. Is that right? I hope so! LOL I tried today with a power adapter set for 9 volts and negative polarity on the plug, but nothing "lit up".

Again, I appreciate your help!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
El Marko

Reply to
Bob I

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.