PC not detecting Verizon DSL modem

I got the Westell 6100 modem. I hook it up and try to install and it says modem not detected. I have spent hours on with Verizon tech support and also with Dell tech support. Dell said that the network card is working fine. The windows settings all appear fine and it says the NIC is working properly.

However, the modem has Power, Ethernet, Internet, and DSL lights all on solid green. So, it appears that the DSL connection is working fine. So I downloaded (via dialup) the Westell diagnostic and it said that it could not detect the modem. So, since the DSL connection appears fine, it really seems like a problem with the computer NIC not recognizing the modem.

They had AOL dialup before this. Could AOL have screwed up the TCP/IP setting on the computer so that the NIC is not regonizing the modem? If so, how can fix this?

Thanks...

Reply to
smitt
Loading thread data ...

Easily. AOL software is a virus who's hidden goal is to convince you to come back if you every go away. :)

Reply to
DLR

It doesn't appear to be a very effective virus.

Reply to
ellis

And your point....

Reply to
DLR

And yours?

Reply to
ellis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.