Paradyne PPP Down

Hi there, I got a problem with my ADSL link and hope you can help, cause my ISP support sucks! I got a Paradyne 62-I1-200 router with 256K down/64K up. The problem is after I installed it and configued it, it worked perfectly (got constant speeds of about 30KB/s downloading from Mircosoft) for about

30mins and then it lost all connectivity. The network icon said it was still connected, but no data was being sent/received.

I already tried the obvious stuff, unpluging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in, reseting the router, restarting the computer, reconfiguring the router back over from scratch, rebooting the router and all a few times too. When I checking the diagnostics in the router, all the "Test the connection to your DSL service provider" passed, but the "Test the connection to your Internet service provider " failed. The failed tests include: "Test PPP server session" and "Ping default gateway". The summary also said "PPP Down" for the WAN connection.

Is there a known issue with this or is it just the problem at the ISP end? Because they told me (without really asking any detail of my problem) that my router is probably defective and it would take a few weeks for them to get around to replacing it... and I already waited a mouth just to get it in the first place! I'm using PPPoA with LLC/Encapsulation and have NAT, IGMP and WAN enabled if that might help.

Reply to
Hexxx via HWKB.com
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Justin - SYNACS

Reply to
Hexxx via HWKB.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.