New user and new problem ‘’ plz help ‘’

Dear all

Will, I do not know from where I start ? and please forgave me for English mistake? it?s not my first language.

I think that ADSL should have the same way of working overall the world? briefly here in Oman as the provider the ADSL will not work if the distance between the exchange and the phone line more than 5 km.

I cannot know what is the distance but they told me later on its around

5.4 km, at the beginning they provide me with the service and they told me that the distance is less than 3 km ?? by mistake  ?and at the end they try to connect but no way? they cannot solve the problem, there a box outside the home and they told in that box every thing is ok but they all the connections inside and the results was that every thing is ok, and the final decision is that I cannot connect the internet through DSL Line, only dialup which 45 kbps.

I did not give-up, I replaced the internal line and I fix a line from the junction box inside home and the results was that I got connection but the problem that connection is disconnecting always and also its take lot of time to get the signal ?? some time up to 15 or 20 min??

So is there is any way to solve this problems or I should cancel every thing

Regards, Sami

Reply to
sbaabbad
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.