Netopia R9100 Static IP Setup

I have a Netopia R9100 connecting to a Zoom A5 ADSL modem. I am receiving (1) Static IP from our ISP. I need to configure the R9100 to connect through/to the Zoom, and then of course to my internal Window

2003 server work at 192.168.xxx.xx. Th Netoppia documentation is lacking in what sould be simple. I had this working before with a Nexland/Symantec VPN200R, and you think I could/should be able to do the same with the Netopia R9100.
Reply to
lopezrx
Loading thread data ...

With power usually comes complexity. I've installed multiple R9100s and would never think of them as "easy". For a single static IP they are very much overkill. Very much so.

Have you considered a LinkSys or Netgear that's on sale at your local big box?

As to the Netopia, visit the web site and download a few hundred pages of application notes. Or at least the ones that apply to your situation. I think if you reset the unit (METAL paper clip through the slot) it will make itself into a basic configuration. DHCP on the WAN side, NAT on the LAN side passing out 192.168.x.x addresses via DHCP. If you get that far, upgrade the firmware to the latest via their web site, then start configuring.

Reply to
DLR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.