Need info on Broadxent 8012V/8012V1 modems

Hello everyone. I work for Speakeasy and I could really use some specific info from anyone with Broadxent Briteport 8012-V or 8012-V1 DSL bridges.

What I need from everyone is their modem serial number and their corresponding firmware revision. Broadxent/Creative do not have mappings between these available.

I dont care how new or old your DSL modem is, if you can get me that info for any Broadxent 8012V, I would greatly appreciate it.

There are a number of ways to get this. You can log into the web interface as specified in the modem documentation (which is slightly different on different broadxents), or you can run a special program to retrieve the info. The software for retrieving this info should be on broadxent.com. Also, there are some third party Perl scripts and programs out there which retrieve this info for you.

If anyone is willing to do this for me/Speakeasy, and they need more assistance, please let me know.

Please include the model number (8012V or 8012V1), serial number, and full firmware revision number.

Thanks, Chuck

Reply to
charlese
Loading thread data ...

I have a Broadxent 8012V supplied by Speakeasy but the documentation has no info about how to get into the web interface. (I was able to FTP into it at 192.168.1.1 as admin/admin but there are no useful options once you're in).

I spoke to a Speakeasy support rep on the phone this morning and he did not know how to get into the Broadxent 8012V either. He said you guys don't have any information about it.

I would love to be able to get in and look at the status screen because our office DSL is down right now, and I'm on Speakeasy dialup trying to figure out what to do. If I could get into the modem's admin screens I could maybe at least get an idea if it's a modem issue or a line quality issue...

Reply to
jeoffwilks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.