Is it possible to configure the wireless part of my router to use the LAN connections rather than ADSL?

Hi.

I have a ETEC 4-port Wireless Modem Router. PT-3830. I don't want to use the modem just the router part as I no longer have an adsl connection but another network connection.

THis new network connection I connet to Port 1 on the back of the router and the green light is on for connectivity. I then plugged my laptop in Port 2 on the back of the router and my laptop had a green light for a good connection and I was able to get on the internet fine.

My problem is that the wireless side of things do not work. They used to work when I was using the ADSLmodem part of the router but the wirelink link will not behave in the same way as when I have the RJ45 Lan connections at the back of the router.

Q: Is it possible to configure the wireless part of my router to use the LAN connections rather than ADSL?

Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Farrant
Loading thread data ...

Is there an option in the modem settings for "bridge"?

Reply to
Kay Archer

I will have a look when I get home this evening. Thanks Lee

Reply to
Lee Farrant

Given how cheap new access point routers are these days you may want to consider just replacing it. The routing issues involved with making that thing work might be more trouble than they're worth.

Reply to
wkearney99

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.