HELP! SBC is ruining my business!

Hi,

I need some help with what to do here.

I run a small business on the side with 20 clients. I run some web site, do some mass emailing, etc. So, DSL connection is a MUST for me. My DSL company is called Speedsite.

I am moving, and, SBC is giving me all this bullshit about having to wait 10-14 days to bring up circuits and trash like that. So, I tell them to just move my voice line over to the new place, and when that is in place, I'll order new DSL from Speedsite, and when that is installed, I'll just move my IP over and I'll be up and running.

Well, SBC moved over the wrong number. They moved over my fax line, which shares the line with my DSL. So, I am totally down and my clients are threatening to leave.

SBC will not help me and states that the earilest they can do the DSL hookup is December 2, which we all know is total BULLSHIT!

What can I do short of suing them, to push them to get me DSL by say Monday or Tuesday? I know they can do it!

SBC's punchline: We promise you everything and give you nothing!

Arthur

Reply to
amerar
Loading thread data ...

Do you have an SLA?

If internet is that important to your business, you need both dsl and cable and a load balancing router.

Or dsl and ATM.

Or ATM and cable.

Reply to
Kay Archer

Sounds like you are ruining your own buisness, if you are doing mass mailings and a website there is no logic to DSL you should be on a dedicated T system or at least 7meg cable. You are looking at a home subscriber solution to a buisness problem.

Reply to
cosdocs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.