help needed with adsl router & connections

I've been struggling with router quite a bit. I suspect that I'm doing something wrong with the configuration. I'm sharing a single DSL line for my entire home network, using DLink DSL500T DSL Modem/1-port Router. The sharing is done via DLink DI524 router with Wifi AP &

4-port 100/10 Ethernet. Both DSL500T & DI524 is capable of connecting to ISP via PPPoE, though the DI524 lacks the phonejack so cannot be wired directly and must be routed through the modem. I'm configuring DSL500T to provide Internet gateway, enabling it as bridge. While the WiFi router is used exclusively to provide WiFi Access Point and 100BaseTX connection to one or two PCs. The followings shows connection map.

ISP | DSL500T | | DI524 -----DI524-LanPort---- PCs | |-------- WiFi ------- Notebooks

I have set my PC to obtain IP automatically , the dns set of my ISP and gateway set with the private IP of my DI524 dlink router . And same goes with my Laptops wirless conection settings . But problem is that my PC is able to access and connect to the net but my laptop is not able to connect to the net although laptop is able to establish proper connection with the DI524 wirless router . The DSL500T is configured as bridge and the DI524 is configured with the Global/Public Static IP given by my ISP and the PC connects to the DI524 connects by obtaining private lan IP assigned by the DI524s DHCP server and same was the laptop gets its private IP through wirless connection .

I will be really greatful if some one can help me solve my problem .

Regards

Reply to
SIP2PSTN
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.