For speedstream 5100a(4 lights) modem users

Hi. Whats the highest SNR u got so far? I only got 10.5/11.0 most of the time, sometimes i could get 12.0 as my highest. Then below 6 for the lowest which was my dsl modem was already out of sync. According to the SNR chart, having below 6 means out of sync could happen, and above 6 but below 11.0 means its still unstable.

Note:signal to noise ratio(SNR). To see the snr through speedstream

5100 login, login first(to gain access to the modem configuration) then click status n statistics then dsl). The speedstream i have was the 4 lights.

I also need some suggestions/recommendations from those knowledgeable about this SNR thingy. If could i increase my SNR? and what should i do if i have low SNR? The longest time i have been connected since we replace our wires last May, was approximately 4 hours, then disconnected due to out of syncing.

Reply to
deric
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (deric) wrote in news:C92dnQ15-

9lLSmXfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I didn't know you could log into these modems. I have a 4 light Speedstream, the model number is 5100, no A's or B's or anything else.

Reply to
Some One

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.