Excessive Sessions Warning - "blaster type virus" [2Wire HomePortal 1000HG]

Wow! I guess last night according to one of the users on the home network, the following popped up.

formatting link
So today when I learned of this, I discovered that there was 150kbps traffic going in both directions. So I disabled the wireless connection and of course it stopped. I disabled the Windows firewall and install ZoneAlarm and re-enabled the wireless. No strange program was accessing the computer, just normal Windows services and the activity was back.

So I used Windows XP Home Edition System Restore to jump a few days earlier. All strange activity stopped. But I could no longer disable the wireless. As the following error message would pop up.

formatting link
This had me worried, so I jumped about a week back and I still can't disable the wireless. Well with ZoneAlarm all activity can be stopped, so that is good. Even with ZoneAlarm, I don't know who the computer was communicating with. Oh shoot (now that I think about it), I could have used netstat to learn this, couldn't I?

A Virus scan with PC-cillin turned up nothing. So besides that I can't turn off the wireless anymore (Error Disabling Connection), everything seems back to normal. But I can restore back to the problem and I really like to find who was accessing that computer. Any course of action would be best? And any idea how I can disable the wireless once again?

Reply to
BillW50
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Oh yeah... I disabled all file sharing on all computers for now and maybe permanently. And back to sneakernet. lol

Reply to
BillW50

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.