EMI INterference

Hi Im new to DSL and just got the kit and ready to install from SBC. Just wondering about this Section about EMI INterference, How big of a porblem is that, because i do have a TV, Stereo System and Obviosly a Computer Mointor next to my DSL Connetion.

Will this be a problem for me?

Write back Pleaes Thanks !!

Reply to
Kimmyob
Loading thread data ...

The DSL carrier is essential a low-frequency RF signal, so interference is possible. It's recommended that you leave as much room as possible between the modem and other electronic equipment to minimize any problems. My modem is on the desktop next to a monitor, but I have a metal box (actually an old multiple-switch power control box for PCs) between them that provides some shielding; I don't have any problems that I can detect.

Reply to
Rick Wintjen

How Far do you think that GOes? I mean i cam put about 3 feet from my monitor and about 5 feet from my TV between my modem. plus theres is a wood wall thats part of my desk that seperates it.

Reply to
Kimmyob

That should be plenty. Any distance is better than none; you may be able to place them side-by-side and have no problems. Each device's sensitivity is different, depending on design. They're just warning you about it as a CYA in case there are problems.

Reply to
Rick Wintjen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.