Efficient networks Modem

Having trouble with Bell sympatico. Everytime the phone rings it knocks the modem out. The DSL light goes out and then it must reset itself. Filters are installed on every phone. It does'nt seem to happen when we place a call only incoming. Any ideas?

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

Buy another filter. Swap out filters one by one.

Don't forget the alarm system, satellite box or the extension in the garage...

>
Reply to
Kay Archer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Brian

--------------------------

----------------------------

Have you called 611 and reported the issue to your phone company? or

877sbcdsl5 (hint: say you have intermittant synch [true enough], this is the fastest route to have a dsl line technician look at it)?

Or

formatting link

Results when searching for "loss of connection when phone rings":

Results 1 - 5 of about 5 for loss of connection when phone ringsSorted by Relevance Sort by dateFAQ » Ameritech - SBC FAQ » DSL works only with phone off-hook, known as High Open? ... caused by a "high open". The phone line consists of... line between you and the phone company's equipment must... be a tight, low-resistance electrical connection for the line... at splice points in copper phone cable can cause

Post » No permission to read post

Post » Wireless Network Drops/VOIP Drops..Thoughts? Help? ... no discernable time pattern, my connection to my wireless...... drops. At that time the phone connected to my...... are lit appropriately. My Wireless Network Connection icon indicates that...... of this occurs my VOIP phone goes without a Forum Wireless Networking

Reply to
Kay Archer

Reply to
Elio

Call the 'phone company, and have them check the line.

Sometimes telcos install an MTU (maintenance test unit, also known as half ringer) on the line. An MTU can cause problems similar to what you describe. The 'phone company can it if that is the problem.

Reply to
Neil W Rickert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.