DSL without a landline

Hi,

I am going to Pittsburgh from Australia next week. I have already found a place to stay. I want to know whether I can get internet service (DSL) WITHOUT getting a landline from any company at all.

Regards,

Richard

Reply to
Richard
Loading thread data ...

Richard,

Check if Wi-Fi or WiMAX Internet Service is available in your area or you can go to Satellite service providers:

formatting link

Panda,

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

depends on the local situation

Try:

formatting link

Reply to
Kay Archer

Don't know about AU but here this issue can and does vary by state and by who supplies your phone service. If you're looking for low cost cable might be a better deal. Find out who supplies cable in your area and see what deals they are making. Many have 6 month setups for low cost. In general cable is faster but more expensive after the intros run out.

How long will you be there?

Where in Pittsburgh? I lived there for 7 years. There are 143 cities/towns in the county. Top of each ridge is a boundary left over from 200 years ago. Buy a good map or GPS. It IS a maze. :)

Reply to
DLR

Richard,

Check if Wi-Fi or WiMAX Internet Service is available in your area or you can go to Satellite service providers:

formatting link

Reply to
panda

Reply to
Banibrata Dutta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.