DSL speed problem

Reply to
El Marko
Loading thread data ...

My speed only runs download 390k and upload 10k.

I'm paying Sprint for 5000k !

Sprint says "there is no problem".

Obviouly there is.

I don't what to do next. All the line come into my basement and go thru routers and then thru the house to wherever we want to connent.

I'm don't know that much about the setup.

What can I try next ? Am I possibly the source of the slowness or is it coming from Sprint ?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Grinch

You're getting a download speed of 390k?

Is that 390k/second or 390k/second?

Reply to
Bert Hyman

No, it's been this way for a while.

Grinch

Reply to
Grinch

Units are kbps.

My speed only runs download 390kbps and upload 10kbps.

My cable runs at 3900kbps and 600kbps

When I first got DSL, it ran fast like my cable. Now it does not.

Reply to
Grinch

How did you get these numbers? Are these the line rates reported by your DSL modem? Or are these from some kind of bandwidth measuring program or web site?

Can you be more specific about what before and after tests you did and what results you got.

One thing that might have happened, if you are using filters on every phone, you (or someone else) might have accidentally added a FAX machine, satellite receiver, alarm panel, or other device to the phone line without a filter.

DS

Reply to
David Schwartz

snipped-for-privacy@bozo.com (Grinch) wrote in news:JP4nf.2325$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

OK; not everybody is so careful to be consitent in their use of units.

Then you do have a problem.

The trick is to get past the "first line" customer service reps and get to somebody who actually knows what they're talking about.

If you have the time, keep calling until you get through to a competent CSR. Ask to talk to supervisors.

Around here, I've found that going through my ISP's support folks gets better response since they have more direct access to Qwest's (my DSL provider) real technical people.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Try the Sprint forum at:

formatting link

Reply to
John Hale

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.