DSL Home project

Hi,

I am wanting to set up a new data & voice link over twisted pair between two DOS based PCs which are 1Km apart. I currently have a circuit which uses a POTS chip and a FX604 modem chip, with a handset feeding in to the POTS chip for the voice link.

How easy is it to use DSL technology to provide this link? Are there such things as an all in one chip which takes the digital and audo signals and sends them over the line, where a similar device would split them back again?

Regards

Marky C

Reply to
markcooling
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

If the twisted pair link is yours and you have full access to both ends I suggest using VDSL link between the two locations which can give you about 10Mbps line speed at 1Km distance which is very good for DOS applications and even GUI ones.

I have used ZyXEL VDSL P-841C( Master) and P-841-25 (Slave) in a back to back mode, they are perfect over private telephone lines and very easy in install and setup.

Please check this link for more details about VDSL technology:

formatting link

Naim

formatting link

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.