Download speed 0?

Hi

I recently connected DSL via Verizon. The d/l speed via speakeasy.net was showing 1.5 which was accurate on the day that I connected. I was getting a loud hum on the phone lines and did everything that was needed to check that problem. I went outside to the box and still heard the problem so I contacted Verizon for phone line problems. They evidently fixed the phone problem from the outside - no hum anymore. The problem now is that the d/l speed shows 0 and the upload speed shows 152. I attempted to d/l a song and nothing worked.

The tech support at Verizon (DSL end) said he checked the speeds and they are right where they should be. He did get some error messages. He thought perhaps the modem is faulty. I tried the unplugging and re-booting to no avail. I can hook to the internet ok - it is the d/l and u/l problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks, JJ

Reply to
JJ
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.